Monday, April 20, 2009

Thor: Hammer of the Gods

Zachary Ty Bryan, Mac Brandt (2009) A disgruntled viking battles various creatures when he goes to war with the gods.

SciFi Saturday movie from 4/11.

Frankly, I'm hoping that Thor is a short, pale, scrawny, bald dude, who's voiced by Michael Shanks. Because that'd be awesome. Because what the world needs is more Stargate to Bad Sci Fi cross-overs.

OK, this might be enjoyable, because the narrator seems to have some sort of Scandinavian accent. Which is awesome...

Aw, dammit. The actors don't seem to have the same accents as the narrator. Which is totally not awesome. I demand awesome accentage. But not as stereotypical and ridiculous as that volcano movie. Because that was almost painful.

It would seem that this movie has either the Norse gods wandering about the world, or has people who are named after the Norse gods wandering about... It seems we've got Freyr, Thor, and probably some other ones that I neglected to notice.

Sadly, I am tired, and full of food, so the likelihood of me staying awake/aware enough to blog effectively is very low.

Oh, by the way, all the Vikings' helmets don't have horns on them. I'm kinda sad...

Also, for vikings, who are by definition awesome, these guy's have some thoroughly crappy battle cries... or war cries... or whatever you call yelling while charging... Not so much with the badassness...

Frankly, I was right.... Again, I have no idea what's going on... something about Thor. and a decent amount of sword fights. But no hammer yet. Just dreams about hammers. And only one character with an accent...

And now the hammer has finally showed up. In what seems to be the last act... Or at least after the last commercial break. Unless the DVR didn't record the entire movie... We shall see. doubtful though, because the dude just bashed the big monster thing with the hammer...

I kind of wish that I had second dinner or something. Not because I'm hungry, because I'm really not. But because I kind of wish I had some excuse for not paying attention.

Apparently, today was a bad day for me reviewing movies. Or at least paying attention while reviewing...

1 comment:

Su said...

You... not pay attention... never.