Monday, April 20, 2009

Furnace

Michael Pare, Ja Rule (2006) A detective investigates supernatural killings at a maximum-security prison.

SciFi Saturday movie from 4/4.

51 minutes in, and they finally use the word "Furnace".

This is a really bad movie for me to watch, because I looked away for one scene at the beginning, and it apparently was the most vital scene in the entire movie, because I've got no freaking clue what's going on anymore...

I think the SciFi channel should start showing more SciFi, and a lot less horror movies. But perhaps its that I've already seen all the SciFi movies, so now I'm only recording the horror ones, as they're the ones I haven't seen yet.

You know what's better than this movie? Eating dinner. Which is what I was doing instead of watching the beginning. Which kinda screwed me over for the end because A) I had no idea what was going on; and B) I frankly didn't care.

So, I think I can post this, without having to even wait for the movie to end... although, it seems like it might be done now. Because the furnace just shut down for whatever reason, and they're bricking it back in.

But still, the architecture of the prison was pretty sweet. Had all sorts of towers and turrets and things... They certainly don't make them like that any more...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_State_Prison

That's where they filmed it...

And apparently the guy singing the music that's playing over the credit smokes train wrecks. Whatever that might mean...

1 comment:

Su said...

His voice probably sounds like mine then.