Sunday, May 8, 2011

Roadkill

'11. A gigantic predatory bird stalks two siblings and a group of friends in the wilderness. Starring: Diarmuid Noyes, Kacey Barnfield, Colin Maher, Oliver James, Eliza Bennet, Stepehn Rea.

Syfy Saturday movie from 4/23.

Bunch of annoying people vs a big ugly bird thing. In Ireland.

Plus, there are apparently 2 siblings. I haven't quite figured out which of the two annoying folks are the siblings...

In other news, I'm rooting for the bird. And the bird seems to be winning for now. But I'm gonna guess that'll change by the end of the movie.

Also, for being set in Ireland, it certainly lacks a sufficient amount of accents.

And apparently I can add locations to blog posts now. So, consequently, I shall add the most appropriate place to this post. Because Bolivia is always appropriate.

And given the number of times they've cocked that shotgun, they've got to have ejected all of the shells they started with, unfired... Actually, now the main character seems to have gone batshit insane, and is just wildly shooting at the sky. But I think all that cocking earlier did her good. As she was able to get two shots between pumps a few times.

Also, its a wonder that they haven't hit with their car yet. Aside from the couple of folks that they did. Because they keep driving on the proper side of the road. Which might normally be a good thing, but I'm pretty sure that they drive on the wrong side of road in Ireland...

Also: Yay, bird!

3 comments:

Su said...

Did it win?

Trevor said...

I started watching this when I was up in Philly with my friend Gordo.

The curs'd bird! It was fairly awful. No one can ever win in a movie like that. Not even the viewer....

Trevor said...

and is it just me, or did it seem like whenever the bird attacks a person, it only eats/slashes the part of the face, leaving each person to just stand there for a few moments all "uuuuunnnngh" for a moment then the bird comes back for a second go.

The director really wanted to you see how bad the makeup jobs were by having closeups after every friggin attack. Sub-par.

But the German RV was kinda cool.