Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Messengers

'07. A sinister darkness descends on a rundown farm and its new tenants. Starring: Kristen Stewart, Dylan McDermott, Penelope Ann Miller, John Corbett, William B. Davis, Dustin Milligan. Director: Danny Pang.

Syfy Saturday movie from this past Saturday.

Dear Syfy Channel,

Please keep your gorram formulaic horror movies to October when you have your 31 days of Halloween thing. Make up your dang minds, and pick one, or the other. Not both. Also, while you're at it, get rid of the damn rasslin'. You are, after all, the damned Syfy Channel. Which is a homonym for Sci Fi Channel. As in Science Fiction. Which you should probably show some of. Rather than horror and rasslin'.

I think Kristen Stewart is from that Twilight series thing. But I don't actually know. Even though I have heard so much against those books and movies, I am a little bit tempted to try reading them. Just to see how they are.

Also, William B. Davis. Also known as the Cigarette Smoking Man or one of the Priors of the Ori.

I have previously reviewed a movie named Messengers 2, with some sort of subtitle, that I can't immediately remember. They both involved farmhouses. And were both terrible. And horror movies. I kinda wonder if they are related. I'm guessing they are, but I can't be certain. Especially because I don't actually care. Although, this one does involve significantly less Sean Patrick Flanery. Although, upon further review, they are related, and they both contain the same amount of Sean Patrick Flanery. But this one has significantly less Boondock Saints, as the other movie starred Norman Reedus.

Anyways, back to my letter to Syfy: Also, if you cancel Eureka or Warehouse 13 for more rasslin' or reality TV shit, I will end you. Also, please make that Alphas show thing not suck. Don't know nothin' about it, but I'm certainly willing to give it a go. So, like I said, make that show not suck. I need another good sci-fi show in my life now that I've got no more Stargate to hold me over. Add to it the fact that V got cancelled, things are looking pretty grim.

In completely other, and significantly more distressing news, it looks that despite the fact that Chuck was renewed for another season, the next season will be the last one. Although, I guess its a good thing that they're deciding to end the show on their terms, rather than just letting the show go on endlessly until they run out of original material and the show takes a definite down-turn.

2 comments:

Su said...

Like Heroes?

Su said...

Oh, and for a second I thought this was an Asylum Joan of Arc movie, as Luc Besson made a Joan of Arc movie starting Mila Johovavich called The Messanger (I think...)