Friday, May 14, 2010

The Hitcher

Sean Bean, Sophia Bush (2007) Two traveling students pick up a hitchhiker, unaware that he is a serial killer who intends to pin his crimes on them.

Syfy Saturday movie from 4/17.

Opening scene is a bunny rabbit being run over on the highway. I hate all of the characters in this movie already, and they haven't even showed up on screen. Except for Sean Bean. Because he's awesome. And he likely is the serial killer from the description. Which means that he's probably gonna kill almost everyone else in the movie.

Although, the main character is one of the doctor guys from Flash Forward. And I kinda like that character...

And, not 2 minutes in, the female main character is taking her top off. Apparently she's changing shirts in the car. So, good start to the movie, I guess.

And I'm pretty sure that Doctor Shaggy (the guy from Flash Forward) has my old phone.

And I've finally decided to get back to reviewing Syfy Saturday movies, after a long absence. So, there you go.

Did you know that the first few DVDs I had all had Sean Bean in them? I was almost not considering buying DVDs unless they had him in it, but then decided that that was far to restrictive.

And I'm rooting for Serial Killer Bean. Even though he doesn't have his standard Sean Bean Accent. Which is really a shame.

Also, "fondouta" is fun to say. Apparently its some sort of sauce that Olive Garden makes.

And now for a shower to wash of volleyball sand. And then I should probably start my laundry. And eat dinner.

We shall see if I decide to post this when I return, or get back to the movie. Who knows? It'll be a surprise.

Except not for you. As if there is another paragraph after this one, I'll have come back and started watching again... Unless I try to fake you out. Which, lets face it, I'm definitely going to do. Because I'm all mature like that.

And after an unspecified amount of time, I'm back...

And Sean Bean just chucked a pickup truck off a mountain at the main characters... I'm liking him more and more.

And now he just ran 4 cop cars off the road, and took down a helicopter. With a car and a pistol. And suffering exactly no damage to his car.

Apparently this movie should be called "The Continuing Exploits of Sean Bean as he Tracks Down Annoying Characters Through Increasingly Ludicrous Circumstances". But I guess "The Hitcher" works, too. If you're lazy and dum.

And he just turned a truck and trailer into a Rack. And pulled Doctor WhateverICalledHimEarlier in half.

And now he's just de-throated a guy with a handcuff.

And now he got shot in the face with a shotgun.

Female main character survived. Despite taking her shirt off in the first 2 minutes, and wearing a tiny miniskirt for the entirety of the movie.

And they still don't explain why Sean Bean was on the murderous rampage, or why he wanted to frame those 2 yokels.

Which improves the movie significantly, in my opinion.

Although, I think that if this movie had starred anyone other than Sean Bean, it probably would have been pretty painful to watch. But I do enjoy me some Sean Bean.

3 comments:

Trevor said...

glad to see you're back to your movie reviews.

At some point you need to check out "Surf Nazis Must Die"

Su said...

Oh no. Movie suggestions from Trevor.

Su said...

Mmm.. Bean.