Saturday, May 15, 2010

2010 Monaco Grand Prix Qualifying

Vettel in 3rd. Which is OK.

Webber on pole. You might remember him as Vettel's teammate. Who won from pole last week in Spain. Who I'm definitely liking more and more, due to his propensity to have his picture taken with very strange faces.

Also, Robert Kubica from Renault (you might remember them as the awesomely yellow cars) in 2nd I do like Kubica. Although, it would have been cool had he gotten 1st in qualify, due to his Polish nature. The whole Pole on pole thing would amuse me.

Also, good to see that the Renault team has come quite a ways since languishing pretty far back the past few seasons.

Sadly, Kubica's ever angry looking teammate, Vitaly Petrov, ended up halfway down the grid or so, after a crash during qualifying.

Current World Championship leader Jenson Button (10 points over Vettel) qualified in 8th. Current second place guy (and tremendous cockbag) Fernando Alonso (7 points ahead of Vettel) crashed in Saturday morning practice, and didn't take part in qualifying. Therefore he starts 24th. And the 3rd person in the championship (0 points ahead of Vettel) is blog favorite Sebastian Vettel. Pole sitter Mark Webber (7 points behind Vettel) is in 4th place in the championship. Kubica's currently in 8th (16 points behind Vettel). But, with 25 points for the winner, and points all the way down to 10th place finishers, these numbers are still quite in flux.

And this would be another good time for Su to predict that the car that qualified third would win the race. Because last time she did that, Vettel won from 3rd on the grid.

Also, I don't like Button much anymore. I didn't particularly care for him last season, but he won me over with some nice drives at the end of the season, and a good interview on Top Gear. But he's since lost my favor with an interview where he stated that he was in the lead in the championship, a position he tends not to give up. It just annoys me, because that has happened all of once. So, he seems very (unwarrantedly) cocky. I hope he was joking, but I didn't see the whole interview, just the quote, so I can't judge for certain. And in true blog fashion, rather than gaining all the information, I'm just gonna jump to conclusions...

1 comment:

Su said...

Conclusions! indeed!