Friday, April 2, 2010

Dark Relic

James Frain (2010) In 1099, a knight unites with unlikely allies to defeat a murderous demon.

Syfy Saturday movie from 3/27. Also, the movie that was named by Syfy's name a movie contest thing. Which means that the rules for this contest were to create the lamest name for a movie possible. Tis a shame. I imagine that they got quite a few significantly more awesome submissions. Honestly, I was hoping for something in the "Megashark vs. Giant Octopus" vein, and not the "Dark Relic" vein. Because the latter is lame. And the former is awesome.

And it looks like the first guy who showed up on screen is wearing knitted armor. I'm assuming its supposed to look like chainmail. But it looks like knitted yarn.

Shades of Odysseus and Aeoleus' Bag O' Wind (Was it Aeoleus? Who really knows....). The relic that the illustrious knights are transporting is being kept in a box, and the knights aren't allowed to look in... So, naturally, I'm guessing that they're all gonna.

Also, its apparently Aeolus. Pretty darn close, for someone who hasn't read the Odyssey in quite some time.

And there was just a storm on the boat. And one of the characters dreamed about a demon during the night. And then a character commented how he didn't remember anything about the night before, as he must have blacked out. But I didn't pay enough attention to see if it was the same dude. My guess is that it was. And I'm thinking that its gonna be one of those movies where the main character is actually the bad guy (Were-rabbit, anyone?), and then eventually sacrifices himself in the climax to save his compatriots.

But, telling you whether I was correct in my prediction would definitely require me to figure out which of the knights is which. And pay attention. Which, as we all know, is rather unlikely.

Also, the "chainmail" is definitely knitted yarn...

And now there are locusts. For some reason. And now they're gone.

And now there are zombies.

The locusts I can understand. What with the whole Biblical plague thing that they've got going on. But zombies? Perhaps there's a bit of Exodus that I really don't remember reading...

And for some reason, if you get bit by a zombie, you turn into some sort of tentacle beast.

And then the demon exploded, for no apparent reason.

1 comment:

Su said...

That was.... just terrible.