Sunday, January 20, 2013

U.S. Navy Commercial

When you see this commercial, what do you think?

I suppose they're trying to say that the Navy is ready to go do airplane stuff at the drop of a hat, what with the "100% on watch" business.

What this commercial says to me: This carrier is completely not set up for any sort of air operations.  Can't launch any aircraft off the front and can't recover any aircraft on the back due to an overabundance of F18s. Can't launch anything off of the side catapults, because there's helicopters in the way.  But, I guess they're spinning their rotors.  So I guess they could take off, and clear the catapults.

But nope.  More F18s in the way...

1 comment:

Su said...

See, I didn't think it was long enough to be an actual carrier, and also, it was consistently too packed to function. I know they don't keep them like that, as I have an inside fuzzy source.