Sunday, January 27, 2013

Endurance Racing Tip:

Don't share a car with Marino Franchitti.

I've seen his name come up in 2 races.  Last year's 24 Hours of Le Mans, and this year's Rolex 24 Hours at Daytona.

Both of which the less successful Franchitti hasn't finished.  He was "driving" that weird Deltawing thing at Le Mans, which got punted into the wall before he even got in the car.  And was apparently driving some Mazda thing that broke at Daytona.

So, if you're ever in the position, you may want to rethink sharing a car with him.

3 comments:

Su said...

Thank you for that excellent advice. Would he kill the car if he were just riding in it and I was driving?

Dan said...

Dunno. As far as I can tell he hasn't done any rally racing, or any other form of racing where multiple people are in the car at any one time.

But, as a further piece of advice: I guess you shouldn't let him borrow your car

Su said...

It's more that I want to borrow his car, as I don't actually have one. And I assume, since he doesn't know me, that it would be considered stealing unless he was riding with me, tied up in the passenger seat (then it's just lighthearted tomfoolery) and I wanted to know if that would cause a wreck.