Saturday, August 11, 2012

Olympic Race Walking Revisited

They are all cheating.  Every single effing one of them.

From the footage, especially the slow-motion stuff, it is clear that every single one of them has both feet off the ground on every stride.

This sport is bullshit.  It does not deserve to be in the Olympics 

I just read that they made a guy give his cycling medal back from the 96 Olympics or something like that. Because he was using performance enhancing drugs.  But, while he was competing, he actually followed the damn rules.  So, if he loses his medal, every damn race walker deserves to give up their medal.

3 comments:

Su said...

Did you actually look up the rules, or are you quoting me, the be all and end all authority on sporting events?

Dan said...

I actually looked up the rules.

And it basically says that it has to appear "to the human eye" that they've got at least one foot on the ground at any given time. Whether or not they actually do.

I demand a more concrete definition. Because that just doesn't fly.

Su said...

Okay. I am fine with that, as long as you aren't basing it on me, since I only act like I know what I'm talking about, after all.