Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Final Countdown

Kirk Douglas, Martin Sheen, Katharine Ross
What if a 1980s American aircraft carrier (with its modern firepower) time-warped back to the Pacific waters near Pearl Harbor on December 7. 1941?
1980
Director: Don Taylor

So, what would happen?

Turns out, if this movie is to be believed, not a whole heck of a lot. A lot of debating about time travel ethics and paradoxes. Then some time-warping back to modern times on the verge of the attack.

And yes, I will admit that the only reason I watched this movie was the Europe song of the same name.

5 comments:

Su said...

Oh thank goodness, because all I did whilst I pretended to read that review was sing The Final Countdown in my head...

Dan said...

You missed nothing.

Were you perchance picturing GOB and his magic act while singing?

Su said...

I wasn't... but only because I don't know of the image of which you speak.

Dan said...

Arrested Development?

Su said...

Oh, my goodness, now i am.