Sunday, October 31, 2010

Dread

Jackson Rathbone, Shaun Evans (2009) A charismatic, but unstable, college student convinces a misfit classmate to help him with his thesis project, a study of people's fears. Based on the short story by Clive Barker.

Things aren't looking good for the After Dark Horrorfest 4. Looking to go 0 for 3. Or how many ever of these crappy movies I've watched thus far.

All I know is that this one's gonna need to take a drastic change to even salvage half a point.

Lots of blurred Syfy channel boobs. Although, even that's not helping the cause.

I wonder if there are any shows on the Science channel right now, about the construction of random objects. Or T-Rexes or something...

And I think the DVR upgrade thing that i complained about earlier happened during the time that this movie was recording. Because it was broken into 2 parts. And, now I quite literally have no idea what's going on.

I may be confused by the fact that there seem to be 2 characters that look very similar. Both with poofy hair, and some sort of weird stubbly beard thing going on. Who might or might not actually be the same person or character or actor. I'm not paying enough attention to actually know that. And the couple of minute gap is certainly not helping the cause. Because now some of the main characters are in the hospital. And they definitely weren't before.

Although the driver of a car saying "I'm really drunk" to another character, followed shortly with "Get back in the car so I can apologize" might be at least a part of the issue.

And it turns out that they were 2 different characters. Because one just axe murdered the other. Glad we settled that one.

4 comments:

Su said...

I do love a good axe murdering.

Dan said...

Normally I'm in favor as well. But this movie, not so much.

Su said...

Really? It was that bad that axe murdering couldn't save it... Damn.

Anonymous said...

I do like T-Rexes. -Ben Spies