Friday, July 27, 2007

Foiled again, some more


Well, my masterful plan was foiled... a few weeks back i talked about how i was watching Stargate SG1 from start to finish, in hopes of being right around season 10, when it was released, and I got my copy... Anyways, my copy arrived from Amazon yesterday... and where am I in terms of watching the series?

Yeah, that would be season 5... i'm a few episodes past "Wormhole X-treme" which was the 100th episode... The cleverly name 200th episode "200" falls as episode 6 of season 10... so, that should tell you that I have a ways to go...

I blame the Shield... I borrowed 2 seasons from my brother, and watched those a while back... had i not watched those, i'd be well into season 7... a lot closer to my goal... but alas...

anyways, I watched some of the special features last night, because i haven't yet decided if i'm going to contine through my odyssey of stargate, or if i'm going to skip ahead to season 10...

anyways, I discovered some interesting things:

In the 200th episode, in the scene with invisible O'neill and Teal'c walking down the hallway, they actually had Richard Dean Anderson in a green suit walking next to Teal'c, and they post-processed him out... kind of interesting that the section of the episode was dealing with potential ways of filming a TV show without your lead actor, and they actually had the guy they were hinting at there filming, but he doesn't show up on screen..

oh, and Gary Jones, AKA Chief Master Sergeant Walter Harriman, AKA the Chevron Guy, is hilarious... sadly he does not do any of the director commentaries in this DVD box set... It was always funny to have him and Peter DeLuise (the director) on a commentary, when he was in no way involved with the episode... those commentaries are always good for a laugh, but never really give any good info that you get from other director commentary tracks...
Oh, and here's a picture to continue the tradition of random animal pictures that i find on the internet...


1 comment:

Su said...

I do not think that cow is healthy.