Friday, March 15, 2013

Formula 1 Rolex Australian Grand Prix

I'm really hoping that NBC Sports Network (new network broadcasting F1 this season) continues broadcasting both Free Practice 1 and Free Practice 2.  SPEED only broadcast Free Practice 3.

Not sure what their plans are.

But if they're only gonna broadcast one of the two, I do hope it is FP2.  Because I'm watching FP1 from Australia right now.  And about 25 minutes in to the 90 minute session, and very few cars have been out on track.  For one lap.  And no one's on track now.  Right now, the broadcast is showing wonderful background shots of all around Melbourne.

Must suck to be the people there.  FP2 is usually a fair amount of running, but it seems FP1 is only a little bit of driving, and a fair bit of of tuning and fiddling.

I'd really like to see the Red Bull car on track.  Always thought that it was the best looking car.  But this year, they've added a bit of purple to the normally dark blue color scheme.  Wondering how it will look in motion.  Looks a bit weird in the studio shots, but I'm not gonna judge until I see it out of the studio.

7 comments:

Rob said...

Put a lot of thought into that one.

Dan said...

How dare you attempt to libel me with such an accusation?

Rob said...

I have no answer to that but maybe... It's just my nature?

Su said...

Oh know, libel the hell out of him. He actually thinks about his sports, though he pretends not too. He is libelous.

Su said...

Also, did you see it?

Dan said...

Car looks good. Purple not that visible in the daylight.

And for the record, they seem to be broadcasting FP2 going forward. So that's good.

Su said...

I am extremely disappointed, in you.