Saturday, July 21, 2012

Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs

'09. An overabundance of food falls from the sky, overwhelming townspeople. Animated. Starring: Bill Hader, Anna Faris, James Caan, Andy Samberg, Bruce Campbell, Mr. T. Director: Chris Miller.

This movie is actually pretty thoroughly fantastic.

I'm rather thoroughly amused by the fact that the main character calls his machine the FLDSMDFR, as in, he refers to it with that acronym, not the actual name.  A man after my own heart.

Also, Mr. T is hilarious.  The monkey is pretty dang fantastic as well.

And during the dramatic conclusion, while sneaking around, the main character just did a completely unnecessary forward roll.  And needlessly narrates everything he does.  Truly a man after my own heart.

In other news, apparently according to one reviewer: "This film wasn't made for you, or me. It was made for dangerously, easily distracted 9-year-olds."  Great!  Glad that I'm equivalent to a 9-year old.  And not just any one, but a dangerously, easily distracted one.  That is among the best news I've heard all day.

1 comment:

Su said...

I could have told you that years ago if you'd asked, though I would have called you an 8 year old.