Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Finished Rereading the Harry Potter Series

Just finished up the Deathly Hallows this evening.

I would like to revise my earlier assessment of the movie. Some of you may remember that I read and reviewed the book (sorta) when it first came out, and came to the conclusion that I was mislead when it came to the "someone you care about is gonna die" aspect that was heavily billed before release.

Anyways, when I first read the book, I borrowed a copy from everyone's favorite Dan's Daily Drivel reader, and had to finish it in a weekend. Also, it had been quite a while since I'd read the other ones.

This time, however, I read all the books in rapid succession, and was not as rushed to get through them.

I will admit that upon further review, I was wrong. The scene after the escape from the Malfoy Manor, and the scene where Harry walks into the Forbidden Forest to confront He Who Shall Not Be Named were both very powerful scenes, and really drove home the impact of those characters, which I had completely missed on my first reading.

All in all, I'm very glad I decided to reread the books, and especially glad I decided to read them all in succession.

2 comments:

Su said...

Good job! I am relistening to them. The scene in the forest is super powerful. And you're welcome.

Su said...

heart.

I can't talk about the scene at shell cottage, or the scene at the end of the motorbike escape.