Sunday, February 12, 2012

Jules Verne's The Mysterious Island

'12. Stranded on a dangerous island, survivors turn to Capt. Nemo for a way to excape. Jules Verne's The Mysterious Island. Starring: Gina Holden, Lochlyn Munro, Pruitt Taylor Vince, Susie Abromeit, Mark Sheppard, W. Morgan Sheppard. Director: Mark Sheppard.

Syfy Saturday movie from yesterday.

Since my last review was met with such negative reviews, I was tempted to just leave this one off with the previous sentence.

But, given the opportunity to watch a movie starring Badger, directed by Badger, I felt that I should at least say something about that fact.

Although, there is an intense distressing lack of Badger in this. A fair amount of his dad, but not actually Badger himself. Although, hilariously enough, Badger plays the role of young Captain Nemo (for only a very short few scenes), while Badger's dad plays the older Captain Nemo.

Also, I was thinking that Gina Holden played Zoe on Firefly, so it would be a Firefly reunion. But that was actually Gina Torres. Gina Holden was the person who played that Dale chick in that short-lived Flash Gordon show. In the immortal words of Bill Nye, "Now you know."

Also, Lochlyn Munro is a pretty dang cool name.

And if you ever wanted to watch a movie involving ghillie suit monsters, this is the one for you.

In other news, I seem to remember watching a "Mysterious Island" movie a while back that involved Captain Picard as Captain Nemo. I think that one was better. But both were pretty dang forgettable.

1 comment:

Su said...

I was stuck on the Pruitt Taylor person's name. As I thought it was reversed for some reason. I'm not questioning you, but questioning if there is a Taylor Pruitt who is more famous or something.

Furthermore, where is the pie?